看美剧《欲望都市》学英语:恋爱模式与情绪经济学
这段来自《欲望都市》S02E14的独白,标志着Carrie一次重要的情感反思节点。它并不是关于单一恋爱对象的选择,而是对自身长期行为模式的回顾与识别:她总是在经历情感剧烈破裂之后,回到John这个稳定、熟悉、低冲突的人身边(接盘侠)。
John在这里并不是典型的“爱情对象”,而更像一个情绪“基线”或“安全缓冲区”。整段叙述的张力来自对比:一边是高强度情感关系,一边是安静稳定的关系。

Carrie: John was as dependable a pal as a gal could ever hope for. 约翰是一个任何女孩都梦寐以求的可靠朋友。
—–>> Fun, comfortable and easy to be with. 和他在一起既有趣又自在,非常轻松。
—–>> The kind of guy who you could shed all inhibitions and really be yourself around. 他是那种能让你卸下所有防备、真正做自己的男人。
—–>> No muss, no fuss. 不麻烦,不复杂,一切都很简单。
—–>> And then I realized it. 然后我突然意识到了这一点。
—–>> I didn’t have a relationship pattern, I had a between-relationship pattern. 我并不是有“恋爱模式”,而是有一种“恋爱间隙模式”。
—–>> I always went back to John after every devastating… 每次经历那种毁灭性的……我都会回到约翰身边。
—–>> …soul-shattering, gut-wrenching break up. ……撕心裂肺、痛彻灵魂的分手之后。
—–>> He was sweet, handsome, uncomplicated. 他温柔、英俊,而且简单不复杂。
—–>> A real shot in the arm for my sexual self esteem. 这对我的性自信来说是一剂强心针。
John: Thanks for the call, gorgeous.
——>> Sure put a cherry on my sundae.
Put a cherry on one’s sundae: an idiomatic expression meaning to add a final, perfect, or extra special touch to something that is already good or complete. (在已经很好或完整的事情上,再加一个完美的收尾或额外的亮点,使整体体验更加完美。)
E.G.1: Getting the job was great, and the signing bonus really put a cherry on my sundae.
参考翻译:拿到这份工作已经很棒了,而签约奖金更是锦上添花。E.G.2: The dinner was perfect, and the live music put a cherry on the sundae.
参考翻译:晚餐已经很完美了,而现场音乐让整个体验更加分。E.G.3: The vacation was perfect, and meeting my old friend there put a cherry on the sundae.
参考翻译:这次旅行已经很完美了,而在那里遇到老朋友更是锦上添花。E.G.4: The proposal was romantic, and the fireworks put a cherry on the sundae.
参考翻译:求婚已经很浪漫了,而烟花让这一刻更加完美。

Carrie: Why had I been keeping him on the bench all these years? 这么多年我为什么一直把他“放在替补席上”?(备胎、后备选手)
—–>> Did I really believe a relationship had to be difficult in order to work? 难道我真的相信,一段关系必须痛苦复杂才能成立吗?
此处内容需要权限查看



