看美剧亿万学英语演讲:Chuck自曝是个受虐狂

在《亿万》第四季第四集这场关键的演讲中,主角查克·罗兹(Chuck Rhoades)——一位出身显赫、野心勃勃的联邦检察官,面对满屋的听众,做了一件在美国政坛史无前例的事:他主动公开了自己私生活中最隐秘的部分——他与妻子之间自愿进行的施虐受虐(BDSM)行为。这场演讲并非一次失控的忏悔,而是一场精心设计的政治豪赌。查克引用丘吉尔关于“谎言与真相”的比喻开篇,却反其道而行之,选择用最赤裸的真相作为武器。他深知政敌正密谋用这一隐私来要挟他,于是他选择在对手出招之前,自己将这颗“炸弹”亲手引爆,并借此将一场潜在的个人丑闻,转化为一场关于信任、羞耻与真实性的公开宣言。

看美剧《亿万》学英语:Chuck演讲

In this pivotal speech from Billions Season 4, Episode 4, Chuck Rhoades—a prominent federal prosecutor with a distinguished pedigree and relentless ambition—stands before a room full of listeners and does something unprecedented in American politics: he voluntarily reveals the most intimate aspect of his private life—his consensual BDSM relationship with his wife. This speech is not a moment of uncontrolled confession but a meticulously calculated political gamble. Chuck opens with Winston Churchill’s metaphor about “lies and truth” but subverts it, choosing to wield the rawest form of truth as his weapon. Aware that his political opponents are plotting to use this secret against him, he decides to detonate the “bomb” himself before they can strike, transforming a potential personal scandal into a public declaration about trust, shame, and authenticity.

Chuck:“A lie,” The wise man, Winston Churchill, purportedly [pə’pɔːtɪdli] said, “谎言”……据说,智者温斯顿·丘吉尔曾说过,

——>> “Gets halfway around the world 当真相还在穿鞋的时候,

——>> before the truth has a chance to get its pants on.” 谎言就已经走遍了半个世界。”

——>> But, uh, I have a feeling that this truth 但是,呃,我有种感觉,这个真相

——>> will find its way quick enough. 很快就会水落石出。

——>> And it’s high time for truth, too. 现在也正该是说出真相的时候了。

——>> For openness. For unburdening. 为了坦诚,为了卸下重负。

——>> I am not here, as most politicians might be, 我来到这里,不像大多数政客那样,

——>> to ask you to trust me. 是来请求你们信任我的。

——>> No. Instead, I am asking if I may trust you, 不。相反,我是在问,我是否可以信任你们,

——>> with my deepest fear, 将我内心最深的恐惧托付给你们,

——>> which is that you might know me, 那就是你们可能会了解我,

——>> who I really am. 了解真实的我。

——>> The job of the prosecutor is to expose that 检察官的职责是揭露

——>> which is hidden away, the evil, the dirty, 那些被隐藏起来的东西,邪恶的、肮脏的、

——>> the crooked [‘krʊkɪd] and the untruthful. 狡诈的、不真实的。

——>> To shine light and reveal 去照亮并揭示

——>> what’s under all that darkness. 那所有黑暗之下的东西。

——>> And I have come to realize that in order to do it right, 而我逐渐意识到,要想做好这份工作,

——>> I must first shine that light on my own dark parts. 我必须首先将那束光照进我自己黑暗的部分。

——>> Which is why I have asked you all here today. 这也是我今天请诸位来到此地的原因。

——>> Alright. Y– You know what? 好吧。你们——你们知道吗?

——>> I’m just going to say it. Uh… 我就直说了。呃……

——>> I…In my private life… 我……在我的私生活中……

——>> in the confines of my happy marriage… 我这段美满婚姻的范畴内……

——>> with my consenting wife… 与我情投意合的妻子……

——>> practice sadomasochism [ˌseɪdəʊ’mæsəkɪzəm] … 进行着施虐受虐行为……

——>> Uh, yeah. 呃,是的。

——>> Bondage, dominance, uh, all the rest. 捆绑、支配,呃,诸如此类。

——>> Masks. Binds. Ropes. Fire. 面具、束缚、绳索、火焰。

——>> Even just saying it like that I can feel my shoulders loosen 即使只是这样说出来,我都能感觉到我的肩膀

——>> for the first time in decades. 几十年来第一次放松了下来。

——>> I am a masochist [‘mæsəkɪst]. 我是个受虐狂。

——>> In order to achieve sexual gratification, 为了获得性满足

——>> I need to be tied up, punched, pinched, whipped, 我需要被捆绑、被拳打、被掐、被鞭打、

——>> kicked or otherwise tortured. 被踢或以其他方式被施以折磨。

——>> By my loving wife… 由我深爱的妻子来执行……

——>> And here’s the bigger truth. 而更重要的真相是这样的。

——>> All of us need something, right? 我们所有人都需要点什么,对吧?

——>> You know, I don’t know what you do in your bedroom, 你知道,我不知道你们在自己的卧室里,

——>> with your loved one, but I do know this: 与爱人做些什么,但我深知这一点:

——>> you’re probably a little embarrassed about it. 你们大概对此都有点难为情。

——>> You probably don’t want the rest of us looking at you 你们大概也不希望我们其他人看着

——>> while you do it–unless that’s your thing and if so, great. 你们做那事——除非那是你的癖好,如果是,那很好。

——>> But wouldn’t we be better off 但如果我们不让羞耻占据上风,

——>> if we didn’t let shame win. 会不会过得更好一些?

——>> If we didn’t feel sheepish [‘ʃiːpɪʃ] , 如果我们不感到难为情

——>> didn’t feel like we had to hide what moves us? 不觉得必须隐藏那些触动我们内心的东西?

Reporter:Chuck, are you still gonna run? 查克,你还打算竞选吗?

The crowd:Chuck, how… 查克,怎么……

Chuck:There are those who believe that I have just ended 有些人认为,我刚刚亲手终结了

——>> my legal and political careers. 我的法律和政治生涯。

——>> They don’t think you can handle what I just told you. 他们认为你们承受不了我刚才所说的话。

——>> In fact, uh, political opponents of mine 事实上,呃,我的政治对手们

——>> were plotting to use it against me. 原本正密谋用这个来攻击我。

——>> I said “Bring it.” 我说“尽管放马过来。”

——>> And that’s why I told you I was here to trust you. 正因如此,我才告诉你们,我来这里是信任你们的。

——>> Because I know that you can handle it. 因为我知道你们能承受得住。

——>> That you may laugh a little. 你们可能会笑一笑。

——>> But that at the end of the day, you’ll get it, 但最终,你们会理解的,

——>> because you want the truth. 因为你们渴望真相。

——>> At worst, uh, maybe it won’t stop you 往坏了说,呃,也许这并不会阻止你们

——>> from getting to the polls to support me. 去投票站支持我。

——>> At best, 往好了说,

——>> maybe on the way you tell someone who you really are. 也许在去投票的路上,你会告诉别人真实的自己。

——>> Maybe they like it. 也许他们会喜欢那样的你。

——>> And maybe you feel just a little more comfortable 也许你会感觉自己

——>> in your own skin. 更自在那么一点点。

In one’s own skin:it means feeling comfortable, confident, and authentic in oneself, without trying to be someone else or hiding one’s true nature. (指在自己本身的状态下感到自在、自信和真实,不去模仿别人或掩饰真实的自我。强调一种切身感受、亲身经历和身临其境的真实感。

E.G.1:After years of self-doubt, she finally feels comfortable in her own skin.

参考翻译:经历多年的自我怀疑后,她终于对自己感到自在。

E.G.2:He’s always been confident in his own skin, never worrying about what others think.

参考翻译:他一直都很自信,完全不在意别人怎么想。

E.G.3:The company encourages employees to be in their own skin and share innovative ideas freely.

参考翻译:公司鼓励员工保持真实自我,自由分享创新想法。

E.G.4:Leaders who are in their own skin often inspire trust and loyalty among their teams.

参考翻译:自信真实的领导者往往能赢得团队的信任和忠诚。

——>> As I finally do in mine. 正如我终于在我自己的皮囊里感到了自在。

看美剧Billions学英语:Chuck自曝受虐丑闻

隐藏内容

此处内容需要权限查看

  • 普通5金币
  • 会员4金币8折
  • 永久会员免费推荐

发表回复

您的邮箱地址不会被公开。 必填项已用 * 标注

评论(1)

本站所有资源版权均属于原作者所有,这里所提供资源均只能用于参考学习用,请勿直接商用。若由于商用引起版权纠纷,一切责任均由使用者承担。更多说明请参考 VIP介绍。

最常见的情况是下载不完整: 可对比下载完压缩包的与网盘上的容量,若小于网盘提示的容量则是这个原因。这是浏览器下载的bug,建议用百度网盘软件或迅雷下载。 若排除这种情况,可在对应资源底部留言,或联络我们。

对于会员专享、私藏软件、高频短语、句型结构、修辞应用等类型的素材,文章内用于介绍的图片通常并不包含在对应可供下载素材包内。这些相关商业图片需另外购买,且本站不负责(也没有办法)找到出处。 同样地一些字体文件也是这种情况,但部分素材会在素材包内有一份字体下载链接清单。

如果您已经成功付款但是网站没有弹出成功提示,请联系站长提供付款信息为您处理

源码素材属于虚拟商品,具有可复制性,可传播性,一旦授予,不接受任何形式的退款、换货要求。请您在购买获取之前确认好 是您所需要的资源